Sacramento Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall and trip and fall accidents may sound superficial but they can cause serious injuries. Dangerous, hazardous, or poorly maintained properties are often the cause and property owners and managers are responsible for ensuring their premises are safe and secure. Slip and fall cases are some of the most common premises liability claims and there are varying degrees of liability involved in these types of cases. Due to the complex nature of these claims, it is best you speak with a qualified Sacramento slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible following an accident.
Why Trust Us with Handling Your Slip and Fall Injury Claim?
Hiring a Sacramento slip and fall attorney from the team at Rosenthal & Kreeger, LLP has the following advantages:
- We offer a free consultation with a lawyer. If you cannot travel to our office, we can arrange a free Uber ride to and from our office for the consultation.
- We handle all cases on a contingency fee basis; you’ll never owe attorney’s fees unless we obtain a settlement or court judgment on your behalf.
- You can be confident your case will receive the highest level of attention from the investigation phase all the way through trial.
- We get to know our clients on a personal level and never forget that we are fighting for the rights and dignity of that person.
If you recently sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident and believe that a property owner may be responsible, contact Rosenthal & Kreeger, LLP today to schedule a free review of your legal options. We help California residents obtain fair compensation for injuries caused by another party’s negligence. Call (916) 774-7200 today for a free consultation.
Do I Have a Slip and Fall Case?
There is an endless number of circumstances in which you may have been injured on someone else’s property but some situations are more common than others. It is always advisable to seek the counsel of a Sacramento premises liability attorney to determine if you have a case and the examples outlined below are merely guidelines. Common slip and fall injury cases involve many types of poorly maintained conditions, including:
- Defective sidewalk, driveway, parking lot, road, or pavement
- Structural defects such as uneven steps, broken tiles, potholes, or torn carpeting
- Weather hazards such as snow, ice, or other adverse conditions
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Case Worth?
Attorneys and insurers may use one of several methods to determine what a personal injury case is worth. In general, a slip and fall case addresses:
- Economic damages – medical bills, lost wages, and any other projected costs related to the care and rehabilitation of an injury
- General damages – compensate for the intangible losses a plaintiff suffers. Examples include physical pain, suffering, and any emotional anguish the victim may suffer.
A Sacramento personal injury attorney will negotiate based not only on a plaintiff’s medical bills but also the intangible consequences of the experience.
How Much Will It Cost to Hire a Slip and Fall Lawyer?
Many victims of injuries may hesitate to pursue a personal injury claim because they think they cannot afford an attorney. However, many personal injury attorneys work on a “contingency fee” basis. This means that the plaintiff does not owe any attorney’s fees unless the firm obtains a successful outcome on his or her behalf – whether it’s a settlement or court judgment. This allows attorneys to be selective about the kinds of cases they handle and also gives everyone the opportunity to receive quality legal services.
Elements of a Slip and Fall Claim
To recover damages in a slip and fall lawsuit, the following elements must apply:
- A dangerous or defective condition existed on the property. Common examples of dangerous or defective conditions may include inadequate lighting, slippery floors, a broken staircase, or an uneven sidewalk. Additionally, that defect must be proximally responsible for the plaintiff’s injuries.
- The owner did or should have reasonably known about the defective condition. Property owners, under California law, must take reasonable steps to maintain their properties and prevent injury. Failure to do so could give rise to a personal injury suit.
- The condition existed long enough that the property owner had adequate time to address it. This lays the groundwork for negligence.
A knowledgeable Sacramento slip and fall attorney at Rosenthal & Kreeger, LLP can help you determine whether or not these elements are present in your specific case.
Can a Tenant Sue a Landlord for Injury?
Like all other property owners, landlords have a duty to properly maintain their premises, warn tenants of any potential risks, and make all dwellings safe for lessees. A landlord may be liable for any injuries that a tenant or visitor incurs when failure to fulfill these conditions leads to injury.
For example, if a tenant slips and falls on a broken stair that the landlord knew about and did not address, then he or she may be liable for any injuries that result. Similarly, he or she may be liable for damage caused by asbestos or mold if he or she knew about it but failed to disclose it to the tenants before signing the lease.
Speak with a Slip and Fall Attorney in Sacramento Today
The lawyers at Rosenthal & Kreeger, LLP have over two decades of experience handling serious premises liability cases, which is why our firm does not entertain frivolous lawsuits. Our attorneys know that a fall can lead to ongoing physical issues that can require therapy, surgery or lifelong pain. When someone was responsible for keeping his or her property maintained and you suffered from it, our firm will work hard to develop a strong case on your behalf so you can get the compensation you deserve.
If you are wondering if your case is serious, contact us online or call us at (916) 774-7200 to discuss your circumstances with a lawyer. Rosenthal & Kreeger, LLP offers free consultations and all personal injury claims are handled on a contingency basis, which means you pay no attorney fees unless you win.