Sacramento Premises Liability Lawyer
Premises liability cases are often misunderstood and many clients are surprised to learn just how many incidents a homeowner’s insurance policy can be liable for. Most commonly, premises liability claims relate to a physical property, such as a business or residence, where someone was injured. Often, these are slip and fall accidents or injuries related to poorly maintained property.
A premises liability claim seeks compensation from an insurance company, so you do not have to feel guilty about “suing your friend” if you were injured on his or her property. Get in touch with a skilled Sacramento premises liability lawyer at Rosenthal & Kreeger, LLP to discuss this part of the process in more detail, and we can help put you at ease when friends or family are involved.
Owners and managers of property are obligated to maintain premises that are safe and free of obvious hazards. When owners or managers fail to maintain premises and it results in unsafe conditions that cause an accident, this is a premises liability claim.
If you were injured while at someone’s home, while you were out shopping, or at another place of business, call our firm at (916) 774-7200 to discuss if a premises liability claim is right for you. We have been representing personal injury victims for more than 25 years, so you can count on us for reliable guidance. Our attorneys offer free consultations at our Roseville and Sacramento office locations.
Types of Premises Liability Claims
Although many premises liability claims cover slip and falls that occur on someone’s property, there are a multitude of other accidents that can be covered such as:
- Dog bites and animal attacks: Individuals who are bitten by someone’s dog, cat, or other pet are entitled to seek compensation through that person’s homeowners insurance – even if the attack did not occur on that person’s property.
- Negligent security: Visitors to a restaurant, bar, nightclub, gas station, mall, or other commercial property, should expect to be free from harm. Our Sacramento personal injury attorneys pursue premises liability claims for clients who were attacked at an apartment building, commercial property, or other areas that should have been secure.
- Balcony, deck, or stairway collapses: These cases can be caused by defective construction, poor maintenance, or other negligence. Our lawyers investigate the incident so our clients can be confident that the proper party is held accountable.
- Negligent supervision of children: When a parent trusts his or her child to the care of a teacher, daycare, hospital, or even a foster home, there is a duty of care owed to him or her. If a child has been injured because of a lack of proper supervision, our team can investigate and pursue a claim.
- Pool accidents: Children are often the most vulnerable to swimming pool accidents and an incident can happen anywhere from someone’s home to a public pool. Our Sacramento premises liability lawyers know how to build a strong case to get our clients the damages they are owed.
- Shooting accidents: It is important to remember that in cases like these, a lawsuit is filed against the insurance company, not the friend or family member so that victims can get the compensation they need to move past the accident.
If you or a loved one was injured in any of the above scenarios, reach out to Rosenthal & Kreeger, LLP to discuss your available legal options.
Injuries Caused by Balcony, Stairway, and Deck Accidents
Property owners carry the responsibility of ensuring that the stairways, balconies, and decks at their homes or places of business are safe for use by visitors. Proper repairs and improvements must be made on an ongoing basis. When they fail to do so and people suffer serious injuries as a result, property owners can and should be held accountable for any losses their victims suffer.
There can be many different causes that could lead to a stairway, balcony, or deck accident. In some cases, faulty construction or materials can be to blame. In others, negligent maintenance by the property owner is the culprit. Our Sacramento premises liability lawyers conduct thorough investigations to determine exactly how your accident occurred and who was responsible.
The injuries that occur in these accidents can be life-changing for victims. Traumatic brain injuries and severe spinal cord injuries can leave them in a state that will require a lifetime of care. We work with medical experts, life-planning specialists and others to determine the type of care you will need throughout your life so that we can seek the right compensation for your short- and long-term needs.
Learn How a Sacramento Premises Liability Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured but are not sure what type of lawsuit you should file, a premise liability claim may be worth investigating. Contacting a premises liability attorney in Sacramento about your accident is the first step and Rosenthal & Kreeger, LLP has experience handling these types of cases. Call us at (916) 774-7200 or submit a form online and we will advise you as to the best course of action. We are proud to serve clients throughout Northern California.