Trucking Accident FAQs

When you need an experienced truck accident attorney in Sacramento after a serious accident, call Rosenthal & Kreeger LLP. We have offices in Roseville and Sacramento and can be reached at (916) 774-7200 or by visiting our contact page. Evening and weekend appointments are available, and we make home and hospital visits if necessary.

How does a truck accident differ from a car accident?

Truck companies must carry higher amounts of insurance, are subject to federal regulations and must perform background checks on drivers. Truck drivers must meet higher safety standards, are limited on the number of hours they can drive in a day and are subject to chemical testing at any time.

Back to top

Whom am I entitled to sue in a truck accident?

You can file a claim against the driver, the owner of the tractor, the owner of the trailer, the company identified on the side of the trailer and sometimes the facility where the cargo was loaded and the owner of the cargo.

Back to top

What damages can I receive compensation for?

You can ask for compensation for medical bills, lost wages, lost future earnings, pain and suffering, disability and emotional distress. Additional compensation can be requested if you are suing over the wrongful death of a loved one. Your personal injury attorney in Sacramento should discuss all the possibilities with you before taking action.

Back to top

How long do I have to file a lawsuit?

The statute of limitations in California is two years from the day of the accident or the discovery of an injury. However, it is best to act as quickly as possible so that pertinent evidence such as the truck driver’s logs and truck maintenance logs can be gathered immediately.

Back to top

What will it cost to hire an attorney?

At Rosenthal & Kreeger LLP, we work on a contingency basis, which means we don’t get paid unless you get paid.

Back to top