Sacramento Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction accidents often result in serious and even fatal injuries because of the high levels of risk associated with the occupation. Most accidents are related to issues regarding safety standards for wiring, scaffolding, harness and fall protection, ladders, guarding machinery, and hazardous energy. In the event your or somebody you love was injured on a construction site in Northern California, learn your legal options by speaking with a knowledgeable Sacramento construction accident lawyer.
Why Hire Our Firm for Your Construction Accident Claim?
Construction accident claims can include various aspects of the law, from workers’ compensation to premises liability. To ensure your best chances of success, you need legal representation that can evaluate your case, advise you on your best course of legal action, and develop a case strategy that meets your goals. At Rosenthal & Kreeger, LLP, our Sacramento construction accident attorneys:
- Have a 99 percent success rate for our cases including settlement, mediation, and trial
- Work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay for our services when we achieve a successful result for you claim
- Have the willingness, resources, and ability to take on insurance companies and big corporations for our clients
Our firm works with expert witnesses and other professionals to present significant evidence on behalf of our clients. Highlighting the negligence involved in a case could require testimony that outlines professional standards and preventative measures that could have been taken. Our lawyers always provide clear evidence of the severity of our clients’ injuries and our firm has the resources necessary to ensure that our cases are as strong as possible.
With the legal complexities of construction accident cases, you deserve the help of a law firm with over 25 years of experience in personal injury law. Schedule your initial free consultation by calling (916) 774-7200.
Sacramento Construction Accident Resources
- How a Construction Accident Attorney Can Help
- Common Construction Accidents
- What Are Third-Party and Workers’ Compensation Claims?
- Construction Site Fall Accidents
- Ladder and Scaffolding Injuries
- Burn Injuries and Electrical Accidents
- Contact a Sacramento Construction Accident Attorney Today
How an Attorney Can Help After a Construction Accident
While it’s possible to represent your own claim, the stress of your damages can make it difficult to successfully represent your case while recovering. With California’s strict statute of limitations laws, you don’t want to miss the deadline to file your claim. A Sacramento injury lawyer can assist with all aspects of filing and presenting your claim, allowing you to focus on getting other aspects of your life on track.
Additionally, construction accidents have the potential to be incredibly complex, with multiple liable parties. Incorrectly determining fault or underestimating the value of your damages can damage your chances of getting your rightful compensation. You may also be able to file for more than workers’ compensation, as a claim through your workplace may not be enough to cover your injuries.
The attorneys of Rosenthal & Kreeger, LLP understand the complexities of construction accident claims, and we know how to develop a legal strategy that meets the unique needs of your case.
Most Common Construction Accidents
With the numerous hazards present at construction accidents, several types of accidents can occur. The top types of accidents that lead to wrongful death are:
- Slip and falls
- Falling objects
- Becoming caught or pinned by machinery or materials
- Ladder or scaffold injury
Construction sites also pose the risk for injury by stepladders, collapsing trenches, power tools, welding, and construction vehicles. No matter what type of injury you’ve suffered, our firm has the resources to investigate and collect evidence for your case. Our Sacramento construction accident lawyers also can enlist the help of expert witnesses and other professionals to make your case as strong as possible.
Rosenthal & Kreeger, LLP offers free consultations at our Sacramento and Roseville office locations, as well as out-of-office appointments for clients with mobility issues anywhere in Northern California.
Third-Party Claims vs. Workers’ Compensation
Construction workers routinely work in an environment filled with risks and someone’s negligent behavior can lead to another’s injury. For many, a workers’ compensation claim will be the best way to recover compensation for their injuries, as they were on the job during their accidents.
However, workers’ compensation is not the only available legal course of action. Several types of third-party claims can also come into play during a construction accident claim:
- Product liability. Defective products, such as tools and construction materials, can cause many accidents. When the defect is the cause of the accident, the manufacturer is the liable party.
- Premises liability. Employers have a duty of care to provide safe working conditions for their employees. If an accident occurs because of unsafe premises, the property owner may be liable.
- Other negligence claims. In accidents that occur because of someone’s negligent behavior, that person can be liable for the damages. For example, if a construction worker suffered an injury because a truck driver wasn’t paying attention while backing up, the driver could be liable for the resulting damages.
Understanding which type of claim your construction accident falls under will help you correctly determine fault, allowing you to recover compensation for your injuries.
Construction Site Fall Accidents
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), falls are the most common type of construction site injury. About one in three deaths on a construction site are due to falls. Sadly, most of these accidents are preventable, especially when federal and state regulations are followed and the proper safety procedures are in place.
After over two decades of helping clients with their construction accident claims, our Sacramento construction accident lawyers have seen many successful recoveries. Helping injured people recover from falls and other serious accidents is important to us, which is why we are committed to building the strongest case possible in order to get you the most compensation we can.
Many construction site falls are preventable, and some common reasons for falls include:
- Weak roofs or holes in roofs
- Inadequately marked or covered holes
- Debris-strewn floors
- Scaffolding, ladders and other defective equipment
- Exposed elevator shafts
State and federal regulations regarding safety equipment and procedures are designed to help minimize, if not eliminate, these types of accidents. When preparing our case, we consider every possible area of liability — including company policies and adherence to safety requirements. If there is a liability beyond workers’ compensation, we will find it.
Injuries from Ladder and Scaffolding Accidents
Of the many dangers involved with construction work, falls from heights is one of the most common. While heavy equipment operating, most electrical work, plumbing, and other construction type jobs require licensure and training, working in heights does not. Anyone on a construction site can be called upon to climb a ladder or scaffold. This type of work is critical to most construction jobs and falls from ladders and scaffolds are among the most common construction site accidents.
It is important to maximize your compensation award after a serious injury. Depending on an insurance company, the goodwill of the construction company or even an inexperienced legal team can jeopardize your compensation award. You could have compensation for the initial medical care, but you will almost certainly not obtain fair compensation for your long-term medical needs or lost wages. Our Sacramento construction accident lawyers work with a team of experts to build winning claims for our clients, and we know how to negotiate with the insurance companies to make sure you get what you deserve.
Our firm represents clients in all types of injury claims stemming from ladder and scaffold falls, including:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Wrongful death
Injuries Caused by Burns and Electrical Accidents
Electrical accidents and fires on construction sites result in catastrophic injuries, including burns, scarring, disfigurement, and wrongful death in the most serious cases. After suffering a serious injury from fires or electrical accidents, you will be facing a number of serious issues. How will you continue providing for your family if you are unable to work? How long will it take to recover? Whom should you seek out for legal representation?
Do not wait to talk with a construction accident attorney in Sacramento. Especially in catastrophic construction site accidents, evidence can become compromised over time, making it more difficult to bring a claim. Further, almost every personal injury claim has a statute of limitations, so if too much time passes, you might not be able to bring a claim at all. Our lawyers represent clients injured in construction site electrical and fire accidents involving:
- Construction worker negligence: In too many cases, construction workers without adequate training or electrician licensing will work with electrical equipment incorrectly and increase the danger of electrical accidents or fires.
- Faulty construction: When a home or other building is not being built up to code, fires and electrical accidents are much more likely.
- Dangerous equipment: One of the most common issues resulting from malfunctioning construction equipment is an electrical failure. Loose electrical cables or faulty wiring can result in electric shocks, electric fires, overheating of equipment and other major accidents.
- Burn injuries: We represent clients in accidents involving construction site fires and explosions, overheating power tools, electrical accidents and other accidents that result in burn injuries.
- Wrongful death: Our lawyers also represent families of those who have been killed on construction sites due to fires and electrical accidents.
Contact a Local Construction Accident Attorney in Sacramento
Workers’ compensation does not offer much money to workers after an accident, which is why it is important to work with a lawyer with experience handling complex construction accident injury cases. The attorneys at Rosenthal & Kreeger, LLP know the varying levels of responsibility on a construction site and understand how to navigate the levels of liability involved in these situations.
Let us put our resources to work for you so we can build a strong case and set you up for success. Call a skilled Sacramento construction accident attorney at (916) 774-7200 today to discuss your options. You may also message us online.